PCC Safeguarding policy statement
Every person has a value and dignity which comes directly from the creation of male and female in God’s own image and likeness. Christians see this potential as fulfilled by God’s re-creation of us in Christ. Among other things this implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
We are committed to:
- The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults.
- The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable.
- The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
- We will carefully select and train all those with any responsibilities within the Church, in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- We will respond without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
- We will seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him or her an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
- We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
In all these principles we will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice.
Incumbent: Revd. Rich Atkinson
Telephone: 0115 9298899 E-mail: email@example.com
Safeguarding Co-ordinator: Margaret Dawson
Telephone: 07788 777 488 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Donna Bernard-Carlin
Other contact numbers:
- NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL Children’s & Adult Social Care: 0300 500 8080/out of hours 0300 456 4546
- NOTTINGHAM CITY COUNCIL SOCIAL CARE:- Children: 0115 876 4800/0115 876 5600 Adults: 0300 131 0300 (out of hours 0115 876 1000)
- SOUTH YORKSHIRE: Children 01302 737 777 Adults 01302 737 391
- POLICE: Non-emergency 101